Course InstructorProf. Aleksander Essex
Office: TEB 235
Office hour: Thursdays 2:00-3:30pm (before the Thursday lecture)
Reference TextWilliam Stallings. Cryptography and Network Security, 7th Edition, Pearson, 2016.
Other Required Reading
- E. Rescorla. The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.3. RFC 8446.
- T. Dierks and E. Rescorla. The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.2. RFC 5346.
- Elaine Barker and Allen Roginsky. Transitions: Recommendation for Transitioning the Use of Cryptographic Algorithms and Key Lengths. NIST Special Publication 800-131A, 2011.
- SE 4472 2018 course outline
Lecture Times and Location
- Wednesday 5:30-6:30pm in 3C+ (new engineering building) Room 1410
- Thursday 3:30-5:30pm in 3C+ (new engineering building) Room 1410
- Tutorial: Tuesdays 8:30-10:30am in 3C+ (new engineering building) Room 1450